Wednesday, September 24, 2008

9 flights.

Hey so yesterday I finally got to do that solo cross country which was the same route as the dual cross country on my previous post. It was awesome, weather was perfect: blue skies and calm winds all around.
I actually wasn't booked to fly it yesterday but I thought my instructor would still be sick so I woke up early to plan it anyways. When I got there, he came in and was hoping to fly but decided to let me have his airplane anyways. So the waking up was worth it.

The only thing that went wrong was that I forgot my logbook at Buttonville so I wasn't able to get stamps at Muskoka and Collingwood.

Anyways today I did review of airwork and some instrument flying under the hood. I have 9 flights left including the flight test before I can get my licence...if all goes well. I'm hoping to have it by 3rd or 4th week of October. It is getting pretty stressful along with academics and the quizzes and projects due coming soon. But I'm determined to get this done, it's kinda like the final stretch of that final lap.

Anyways I'm booked for a solo airwork flight tomorrow at 8am. Hope it goes well, and I get better.

1 comment:

James said...

Good Job on the Cross Country and being proactive by getting your planning done in advance!

If it makes you feel any better, I forgot to bring my log book with me on my Commercial Cross Country (we went to Sherbrook Quebec). I had to get another student to bring the book with her the next day when she did her Cross Country.